With the latest MIUI release, it has been added to the many supported devices on Nexus 7 2013. The ROM as you know is based on various versions of Android. In fact for some Xiaomi terminals the Android version is still at 4.1, for others at the 4.3, as well as on the Nexus 4 and so on. As for the Nexus 7 2013, the ROM was made on Android 4.4 (not 4.4.2 which is the current version). But let's see how to install it
Remember that this procedure invalidates the warranty and that it could, in the worst case, ruin your device until it is no longer turned on. InTheBit assumes no responsibility. The flash procedure is recommended for experienced users
This you are reading, is the official guide found on the English forum MIUI, which was only translated.
To start you need to download the necessary, that is the ROM, the flash tool and the tool to unlock the bootlader.
1. Unlock boot loader
This process will erase your internal memory, then backup your data before starting, and copy it to your PC.
- Turn off the device
- Turn it on while holding down volume + e power to enter fasboot mode
- Check the message on the screen:
If it appears LOCK STATE - UNLOCKED you can skip the steps below by proceeding to the next point;
If it appears LOCK STATE - LOCKED your device is locked, so continue this process
- With the device connected to the PC, in the Flash tool click unlock.bat
- As soon as confirmation is requested in the bootloader form, move to Yes with the volume rocker, then confirm with power.
2. Stock ROM Recovery
If you already use the official Android 4.4 ROM you can go to the next step
- Access the device in fastboot mode (volume + e power at the same time)
- The bootloader must already be unlocked
- Click on Flash-all.bat and from the Flash tool and wait for the end. This procedure will take about 10 minutes, at the end the terminal will start automatically.
3. Flash ROM MIUI
Follow the on-screen procedure using the Flash tool, which will automatically flash the ROM on the terminal. At the end this will start but the virtual keys will not work, so hold down the power button until it restarts and will work again.
NOTE: If you have a modified recovery installed on your terminal, the procedure is quite simple. It is enough to copy the rom to the terminal and flash it 'on the fly' without the need for a PC.