Today the 3.11.15 version of MIUI has been released which has brought important news, among which we see the official port for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500. The following guide is translated from the official MIUI forum.
- To perform the flash you need a Windows operating system
- This version is for the international version of the Galaxy S4 i9500. If you have other versions DO NOT proceed with the flash.
- Flashing a terminal can cause irreparable problems, flashing only if you know what you are doing. If you don't even know the terms, I also advise against reading. We accept no liability for any damage.
- EDIT: the version of this mobile is not marketed in Italy, a S4 bought in Italy should be the i9505 version. Surely there will be ways to have it, but make sure you DO NOT FLASH on i9505 versions
- Download the latest MIUI version, released today. | Download in English
- Download the flash tool I9500_tools | Download (removed)
- You will need to have at least 2GB free space on your device.
- Rename the downloaded ROM to miui.zip and copy it to the main folder
Obviously, you can skip this step if you have already installed the drivers previously.
- Open SAMSUNG_USB_Drive_for_Mobile_Phones.exe from the tool I9500_tools -> Drive and install
With this procedure all user data will be deleted, so make a backup before starting.
- phone -
- Activate the Debug USB da Settings->Developer options. If you don't find this item, move on device info and tapped repeatedly on the Android version until a message tells you that these options are active.
- Connect the phone to the PC via cable and open /ADB/adb Donwload.bat to enter "flashing mode"
Alternative: turn off the device. Press and hold key home + button volume - + button power on. Press the button volume + when he asks you to choose.
- pc -
- If connected, disconnect the phone
- Select Odin3 v3.04.exe in the tool
- Check Auto reboot e F, Reset Time
- Click the button PDA and select recovery.tar from previously unzipped tool files
- Connect the phone. If the part circled in yellow turns blue, the phone is correctly connected
- Press Start and the recovery flash will start
- Once the flash is complete, the phone will automatically restart and go into recovery mode, so you can flash the MIUI
- Once this flash is completed, the phone will be restarted again by starting the MIUI.
Guide and images taken from en.miui.com