In the previous days Google has updated its Google Search app to 3.5 and with it has made available also the OK Google voice control in Italian, a function similar to Samsung's S Voice or Apple's Siri.
The update takes place via Google server and requires the following requirements:
- Android 4.4 KitKat (also custom ROM: AOSP / CM / PA / AOKP)
-Start Applications Now Launcher
- Google Now enabled
Ok Google, what do I think, the points "pro" and "against"
-The battery drops visibly
- Not all functions in Italian are supported
- It could cause some very small slowdown (in some devices)
- It has a lot of features and commands, it is totally integrated with Google
-It is especially useful in summer, when we go to places we don't know well, maybe we can ask where the nearest restaurant is, with reviews and the map
- By car it is a guarantee, a new method to reduce accidents to a minimum, especially thanks to the future Android Cars
- Being the first version in Italian works well
- The voice is excellent, unlike S Voice for example
My advice is to activate OK Google when you really need it as in the case described above, it is very useful because we would have to go to Maps and do all those operations to find the nearest restaurant etc etc ... instead just say Ok Google, find me the nearest restaurant and here it is!
To see the tide of features go here >> Google search: use of OK Google