On the security market there is a myriad of products that promise to protect our safety, that of our loved ones and that of our objects. Often these are real trinkets, made up of poor materials and assembled at the least worst so that they seem at least marketable.
In this case, however, I will talk about a product that particularly impressed me especially for the quality of the materials with which it is built, as well as for all its other features. I'll tell you my impressions of the outdoor camera EZVIZ CTQ3W 720P.
Review EZVIZ CTQ3W
Inside the package there is everything necessary for its installation. The package is well assembled and the soft internal protections that wrap the camera make a good impression already at the first opening.
In detail we find:
- Obviously the EZVIZ CTQ3W 720P video camera
- Power supply with Italian plug
- Multilingual instruction manual
- A practical adhesive useful when drilling holes for wall mounting (3 screws included)
- Kit for waterproofing the mains / power cable
Features and appearance
- Dimensions: 72 x 72 x 150 mm - Weight: 326 grams
- 720P video quality (also available 1080P version)
- Degree of protection IP66 against dust and water
- Working temperatures from -30 ° C to 60 ° C and with humidity ≥ 95%
- Lens: 2.8mm f / 2.2, Horizontal Angle: 92 °, Diagonal Angle: 108 ° 4mm f / 2.0, Horizontal Angle: 72 ° Diagonal Angle: 86 ° 6mm f / 2.0, Horizontal Angle: 36 ° Diagonal Angle: 40 °
- Night vision up to 30 meters and 8x digital zoom
- Connection to the network both in Wi-Fi 2.4GHz and wired via Ethernet socket
- Integration with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Homekit and IFTTT
- Two-way Hi-Fi audio with microphone and speaker inside the body
- Siren with audio up to 100db
- Saving images on Cloud or SD up to 128GB
As soon as it is extracted, the camera appears well built, solid and with the outside not composed of the usual "plasticky" material but of a metal shell that wraps it completely and gives it a feeling of compactness and strength. Not a small feature since its main use must be outdoors, exposed to different weather conditions. Its rounded shape, then, gives it a less classic and dissimilar look than the others.
On the front we find the main lens, the strobe LED and an ICR infrared filter, all protected by an anti-reflective panel. Below are the SD slot and speaker grille. While laterally the two antennas stand out, useful for improving Wi-Fi reception.
Installation and Configuration
The installation is simple because, as already mentioned, inside the package there is everything necessary for a correct wall or ceiling mounting. After having fixed the chamber, oriented using the convenient adjustment pin and having made the connection to the electrical network, you can proceed to its configuration through steps common to all Smart devices.
Let us briefly summarize the steps for a correct configuration.
- Download the EZVIZ App from Google Play Store or App Store and launch it
- Create an EZVIZ user account by following the instructions in the wizard
- Add the EZVIZ camera by clicking on the "+" button at the top right and scan the QR code located on the bottom of the camera
- Follow the app wizard instructions to finish pairing the camera and smartphone.
At this point in the Home of the app you will have your camera with its identification code. Clicking on the image opens the menu with the available settings and settings including the ability to start a video recording, sound the siren, take a photo, activate notifications, use the bidirectional microphone. It is also possible to set whether to save the images to SD or use the EZVIZ Cloud which is available as a free trial for one month. If you have multiple EZVIZ cameras, you can view the images of each in a convenient grid.
But on this point I will be more precise in the coming days as, at the same time, I am also testing the new indoor camera EZVIZ C6N and of which I will report, on another occasion, my impressions. Obviously, like almost all products in this category, there is no lack of home automation integration with Alexa or Google Assistant. For my convenience, I have associated it with Big G. Again, no problems with synchronization, recognition and scene management. Obviously, to view the images, you need to have Amazon Echo Show or Google Nest Hub.Return to index ↑
Throughout the period of my test, the connection between the camera and the Wi-Fi network has always been stable, never any loss of signal or offline messages. I did not receive false notifications of movement detection and consequent activation of the siren which, in reality, did not seem very powerful. In particularly noisy moments of the day, if it were to activate, a few more decibels would have been better but, do not worry, it makes itself heard and certainly is good to ward off most of the bad guys. As for the quality of the images it is good but I noticed some differences when compared with those of other 1080P resolution cameras in my possession especially in the night vision where the images, for obvious sensor reasons, are too noisy and appear grainy. In the same situation, the IR sensors performed well, signaling the presence of movement practically always, even during the dark / light passage due to the switching on of the lamps with motion sensor present on the balcony and which were switched on when passing. Unfortunately, due to logistical problems (I live in a condominium on the first floor with other buildings around) I could not test the declared limit of 30 meters for displaying images, but I do not find it hard to believe that it is easily reached or at least approached.Return to index ↑
In general, no doubt about it, this is a great camera. I was very surprised by the quality of the materials which are really above average. Easy configuration and good quality of the images transmitted. In addition, the simultaneous presence of the camera, strobe light and siren makes it, without a doubt, a product of absolute respect, especially in relation to the quality-price ratio.Return to index ↑
You can buy the EZVIZ CTQ3W 720P camera on Amazon for the price of 59,99 Euro but if you use our exclusive coupon the price will go down to 44,99€. The coupon ends at the 23: 59 of the November 22.
- Value for money
- Quality and assembly of materials
- All in One System (Camera, Strobe, Siren)
- APP unintuitive