Xiaomi recently released the update to Android 9 Pie for Xiaomi Mi A2 and a few days ago the rollout also started for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. The update to Android 9 Pie will reach all the Mi A2 Lite in the world slowly but we don't know yet when it will be Italy's turn.
If you are impatient to wait for the new Android version and try out the new features, you can upgrade by following a simple method tested by users of the well-known XDA forum. But first let's quickly see the news of this update for the low-cost smartphone branded Xiaomi with on-board Android One.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite: the new features of the update to Android 9 Pie
Upgrading to the latest version of Android for Mi A2 Lite (codename daisy) has a weight of around 1000 MB and brings with it several interesting innovations.
- FM radio
- Battery and adaptive brightness
Guide: how to update Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite to Android 9 Pie
In this thread on the XDA forum it is explained how to update - or rather how to force the update - to the Android 9 Pie beta. Actually, it's the version update stable, as reported by several users in responses to the same thread. The procedure to force the update is simple and I summarize it below
- Remove the SIM from the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite and leave it as Wi-Fi only
- Go to Settings -> Apps and Notifications -> All Apps. Use the 3 points at the top right to choose to show only system apps, then delete data and cache the following apps
- GOOGLE SERVICES STRUCTURE
- GOOGLE APP
- GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES
- COMBINED LOCATION
- LOCATION SERVICES
- GOOGLE BACKUP TRANSFER
- Download a VPN. recommended ExpressVPN and choose as a location Indonesia.
- At this point the update notification to Android 9 Pie should arrive for your Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite!
Otherwise, check the Settings. If you can't find any updates, try another VPN, someone in the forum recommends Poland VPN.