It was expected today and did not wait for the official presentation of the new one Xiaomi Mi Band 4. On the stage of Beijingindeed, this morning the Chinese company officially presented the fourth series of the fitness tracker. We have some really interesting news and a price that, given the improvements, has not increased compared to the old versions.
Xiaomi Mi Band 4: Prices and technical features
We anticipate that all the items we reported to you before about the new Mi Band have all been confirmed. The event that took place this morning helped the company launch a product that, for the most part, we already knew.
The new, highly anticipated fitness tracker from Xiaomi shows a screen AMOLED from 0.95 inches to 16 thousand colors and 120 resolution x 240 pixels. The display, given in hand, will be about 35% larger compared to the one seen on Mi Band 3. Also in the battery the new one We Band exceeds its predecessor with a new capacity of 135 mAh (against the 110 of the third version) which, according to what the company said, would donate to the device an autonomy of 20 days approx.
The new Xiaomi Mi Band 4 will be provided with a special sensor capable of recognizing the various physical activities the user is performing. He should even be able to recognize even which style of swimming is taking place, a novelty compared to previous versions which, unfortunately, could not trace swimming as an exercise.
As far as connectivity is concerned, there will obviously be support for Bluetooth 5.0 e, as we already told you, there will be a version with support for NFC technology. During the presentation, the company also anticipated that the bracelet would already be compatible for payments NFC through applications such as WeChat e AliPay. Obviously compatibility that will be only for the Chinese version of the device.
All the features of the new bracelet by Xiaomi in short, these are:
- AMOLED display from 0,95 ″ with 120 resolution x 240 pixel and 2.5D curved glass anti scratch
- 135 mAh battery: 20 estimated days of use in the standard variant / 15 days NFC version
- Time display, steps, heart rate, activity, weather, app notifications, calls
- Integrated microphone for the voice assistant Xiao AI
- Possibility to monitor fitness and sleep activities
- Three-axis accelerometer + three-axis gyroscope
- Weight: 22,1g
- Water resistance up to 5 ATM (up to 50 meters)
- 5.0 LE, NFC Bluetooth connectivity
Prices and availability
During the conference the most awaited moment, obviously, was the announcement of the launch price. On the eve, given the many improvements brought to the product, a substantial increase in the launch price was expected but, in the end, Xiaomi has managed to find a fair compromise. Xiaomi Mi Band 4 will be released in three versions: one with NFC, another without and a third limited version dedicated to Avengers. The prices of all three versions are as follows:
- Mi Band 4 standard at the price of 21 euro at the current exchange rate
- Mi Band 4 with NFC at the price of 29 euro at the current exchange rate
- I Band 4 Avengers version at the price of 44 euro at the current exchange rate
Obviously all prices are to be considered for the Chinese market. At this point, given these prices in China, a probable price of launching the device in Europe could be around i 35-40 euro. We just have to wait for official news from Xiaomi for the global version.
The first offer for Xiaomi Mi Band 4 is already available online at 1 41,8 €, you can find it on our Telegram channel