Start our special on Xposed framework: an application that will allow us to make changes to the framework in order to perform many customizations of our ROM.
these customizations are quite deep: you can in fact vary the screen resolution, the pixel density for each application, change the appearance of the statusbar, enable call recording and much more: to do this, we will have to download several modules that we will activate according to our needs. the application needs root permissions enabled and, since it modifies some important system files, a Backup is required before proceeding (Nandroid Backup recommended); as usual I do not assume responsibility for damage caused to your terminal, this guide aims to illustrate the various steps for installing Xposed and to investigate each module connected to the application itself in order to help anyone who intends to perform these operations.
- Root permissions enabled
- android operating system JellyBean (4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3)
- Custom ROM based on android JellyBean
ATTENTION: do not install on MIUI ROM and its derivatives because it is incompatible, your terminal will go to bootloop!
let's see how to install Xposed Framework and subsequently enable the various modules:
- Download the APK XposedInstaller (version 2.2)
- Install it as a normal APK then from a file manager (advice ES File Explorer)
- once the app is started, we go to the section Framework, we click "Install / Update" (give it root permission when requested)
Now we just have to restart and we will have finished the installation.
APP SETTING MODULE
let's go into the first module (for the other modules there will be dedicated articles)
this module enables a series of specific customizations for each installed application, so we can for example enable the fullscreen for the Browser and decrease the DPI for another app.
to install it:
- Download the form APPsetting (1.5 version)
- install it as a normal APK
- Enable the module from Xposed Installer by going to the Modules section and checking the checkbox next to the module name
now we will have in the drawer the app setting icon, just start it and choose the application to modify:
here are some examples of the results obtained by modifying the PPE of the whatsapp application (in the example DPI set to 250)
In addition to DPI it is possible to allow the application to go fullscreen (it hides the status bar), it is possible to show the application when the screen is locked and also manage its notifications.
Follow us, in the next article we will analyze other Xposed modules.